Having a happy life is simple to understand, but not necessarily simple to achieve.
Here’s list of secrets that many people know, but often overlook:
- As they say on the plane, “put your own mask on first”. Take time to strengthen your personal foundation and accomplishments will be much easier.
- Develop a level of spirituality and decide what that means to you.
- Invite more love into your life. Don’t be afraid to give. Just because you’ve been hurt in the past, doesn’t mean that’s what the future will bring.
- Be grateful for what you have today rather than dwell on those things that you have yet to acquire. Today is perfect—embrace it.
- Food is your fuel. When choosing your fuel, be hands-on. Only you can choose the type of energy that fuels your life.
- Continuously learn. Choose how and how often you want to learn and stick with it on a weekly basis. Learning is evolution.
- Use your gifts wisely and orient your life around those gifts in a way that will help you progress each and every day.
- Understand your vision and allow it to light the way for the goals and path for your life.
- Take time to learn and expand your vocabulary. Communication is the key to success. Speak up and understand what is worth saying.
- Become comfortable with chaos as it is comfortable with you.
- Remember that integrity comes first, followed by needs, and then wants. Do what needs to be done now so you can do what you want to do later.
- In order to create the future you want, it’s crucial to resolve problems in the past while perfecting the present.
- In order to live effortlessly, get more than you need and disregard how much you feel that you deserve.
- Take time to plan by using 10 percent of your time to work on the other 90 percent. While it doesn’t always feel true, your life is in your hands.
- Always set goals using personal virtues. Disregard all the woulda-coulda-shoulda wants and do while others only dream.
- Work towards financial independence despite how far away it seems. Every journey, despite the length, begins with a single step.
- Rather than changing a poor behavior, learn to evolve. Many diets fail, for example, because cold turkey is often linked with failure.
- Increase personal boundaries in order to give room for your heart and spirit to run free.
- Rather than waiting, learn to initiate. Waiting on others will often result in a lack of productivity. Instead, lead your own way.
- When a problem arises, be the one to solve it, despite who started it.
Grow or Die is a community of like-minded individuals. Find others who you can help and allow them to bring out the best in you. Join the global movement.